As I sit here – one week out from my explant surgery – I feel the need to dive further into why so many women become sick after getting breast implants.
I get so lost in the countless results I get from googling breast implant illness and the toxins that they include, I wanted to dig more into the nasties we are putting into our bodies and why they are causing all of these mystery illnesses and symptoms?
Why is my hair falling out? Why am I unbearably tired and unmotivated? Why are so many of us suffering and being told we are in perfect health?
My goal is to shout this message to anyone who cares to listen and to also build community and understanding for those who are sick and feel alone. You are not! And any woman considering breast implants please read this and do more research. I am urging you to consider the possible outcome of what putting these disease-inducing chemical sacks into your already beautiful body.
Below you will find a list of SOME of the known substances attached to implants and the havoc they wreak on your bodily functions and systems.
[credit to mybreastimplants.org]
• Methyl-Ethyl-Ketone: Eye, nasal, throat, and upper respiratory irritation; Headaches; Weakness; Lightheadedness; Dizziness; Vomiting; Numbness of extremities; Muscle weakness; Nausea; Loss of coordination; Respiratory system effects; Temporary blindness; Fatigue; Nerve inflammation behind the eyes. Suspected of causing Developmental effects.
• Cyclohexanone: Eye and mucous membrane irritation, Headaches, Unconsciousness due to narcotic effects, Coma, Dermatitis, Suspected of causing Birth Defects, Reproductive effects, Developmental effects, Neonatal lethality, Tearing, Weight loss, Lethargy, Unexpanded fetal lungs at birth, Pulmonary damage, Edema, and Hemorrhaging, Intestinal congestion, Incoordination, Tremors, Hypothermia. Known Neurotoxin
• Acetone: Eye, nasal, and throat irritation, Circulatory failure; Cold, pale skin; Coma; Collapse; Conjunctivitis; Convulsions; Death; Defatting dermatitis; Dilated pupils; Dizziness; Double vision; Drowsiness; Emotional liability; Exhilaration; Flushed face; Gastritis; Gastroduodenitis; Headaches; Hearing loss; Heart rate over 100 beats per minute; Hypothermia; Impaired or absent tendon reflexes; Incontinence; Incoordination; Increased susceptibility to infection; Inflammation of airway, stomach, and duodenum; Liver injury; Loss of sensation; Low blood pressure; Nausea; Peripheral vascular collapse; Pharyngitis; Pneumonia; Profuse sweating; Rapid pulse; Remorse; Renal lesions; Respiratory failure; Restlessness; Sensory disturbances; Shock; Slowed reaction time; Slurred speech; Stupor; Talkativeness; Vertigo; Vomiting blood; Vomiting; Weakness.
• Polyvinyl Chloride (liquid vinyl): Pulmonary and kidney irritation; Abdominal pains; Abnormal Chest x-rays; Abnormal decrease in blood platelets; Acro osteolysis (dissolution of the finger tips); Autoimmune responses similar to sclerosis; Benign uterine growths; Binds to IgG protein; Blockage of blood vessels; Cancer: (CNS, Respiratory tract, lymphatic, and blood); Cyanosis of extremities; Death; Decreased libido; Decreased Respiratory function; Discomfort upon exposure to cold; Dizziness; Drowsiness; Emphysema; Euphoria; Gastrointestinal bleeding; Headaches; Impotency; Inhibits blood clotting; Joint and Muscle pain; Liver damage and enlargement; Loss of consciousness; Menstrual disturbances; Nausea; Numbness; Ovarian dysfunction; Pallor; Peripheral neuropathy; Pregnant toxemia; Prolapsed genital organs; Pulmonary fibrosis; Raynaud’s phenomenon symptoms (aka Vinyl Chloride Disease); Scleroderma-like skin changes; Systemic sclerosis; Scleroderma.
• Ethyl Acetate: Eye, nasal, throat, and respiratory irritation; Cold, painful skin; Coma; Convulsions; Corneal abnormalities; Death; Dermatitis; Dilated pupils; Double vision; Drowsiness; Emotional instability; Exhilaration; Flushed face; Gastritis; Headaches; Heart rate over 100 beats per minute; Hypoglycemia; Hypothermia; Impaired motor skills; Impaired or absent tendon reflexes; Incontinence; Incoordination; Low blood pressure; Lung, liver, kidney, and heart damage; Nausea; Partial or complete loss of sensation; Peripheral vascular collapse; Pneumonia; Profuse sweating; Rapid pulse; Remorse; Shock; Slowed reaction time; Slowed respiration; Slurred speech; Stupor; Talkativeness; Unconsciousness due to narcotic effects; Vertigo; Vomiting; Weakness. Suspected of causing CNS depression and Death.
• Toluene: Eye, skin, and respiratory irritation; Abdominal pain; Anemia; Birth defects; Central nervous system dysfunction and depression; Coma; Confusion; Death; Delirium; Dermatitis; Dilated pupils; Dizziness; Drowsiness; Dry skin; Emotional instability; Enlarged liver; Euphoria; Fatigue; Fetal anomalies and developmental delay; Fetal central nervous system dysfunction; Hallucinations; Headaches; Impaired reaction time, perception, and motor control; Incoordination; Insomnia; Liver disorders and injury; Mild to severe toxic brain dysfunction; Muscle fatigue; Nausea; Nervousness; Neurobehavioral changes; Numbness, tingling, or prickling sensation; Organic affective syndrome; Psychosis; Tearing; Vertigo; Vision disturbances; Vomiting; Weakness. Suspected of causing Blurred vision, Involuntary eye movement, Tremors, Staggering gait.
• Silicone: Autoimmune problems and a weakened immune system; systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, progressive systemic sclerosis, vasculitis, anemia, blood clots, brain fog and memory problems, chest pain, eye problems, fatigue, fever, joint pain, hair loss, kidney issues, rashes, sensitivity to sunlight and other lights, sores in the mouth
• Hexane: Symptoms: Eye, nasal, throat, and mucus membrane irritation; Headaches; Nausea; Vomiting; Loss of appetite; Diarrhea; Drowsiness; Dizziness; Loss of balance; Weakness; Stomach pain; Sore throat; Fatigue; Insomnia; Intestinal pain; Enlarged liver; Colitis; Unconsciousness due to narcotic effects; Coma; Dermatitis; Central nervous system depression; Lightheadedness; Incoordination; Somnolence; Heartburn; Central nervous system impairment.
• Zinc Oxide: Sweet or metallic taste, Dry throat, Cough, Chills, Fever, Tight chest, Labored or difficult breathing, Reduced pulmonary function, Blurred vision, Muscle cramps and pain, Lower back pain, Nausea, Vomiting, Fatigue, Lassitude disturbances, Pneumonia, Increase in leukocytes in the blood, Liver dysfunction, Gastrointestinal inflammation, Yawning, Weakness, Body aches, Headaches.
• Naphtha: Eye, nasal, throat, and skin irritation; Dermatitis; Lightheadedness; Headaches; Loss of appetite; Dizziness; Indigestion; Nausea; Insomnia.
• Phenol: Eye, nasal, and throat irritation; Abdominal pain; Cardiac arrhythmias and failure; Cardiovascular collapse; Chemical odor on breath; Chromosomal aberrations and damage; Cold sweats; Collapse; coma; confusion; Convulsions; Cyanosis; Dark pigmentation of the ligaments, cartilage, and fibrous tissue; Dark urine; Dermatitis; Fainting; Frothing at nose and mouth; Genetic mutations; Granules in red blood cells; Headaches; Hemoglobin oxidizes to ferric form; Hemolytic anemia, Hypothermia; Liver, kidney, and heart damage; Loss of appetite; Low blood pressure; Muscle aches, pain, and twitching; Nausea; Pallor; Profuse sweating; Pulmonary edema; Renal Spontaneous abortions; Tremors; Unconsciousness; Vomiting; Weak, irregular pulse; Weakness; Weight loss.
• Benzene: Eye, nasal, and respiratory system irritation; Eye, skin, DNA, immune system, and chromosomal damage; Abnormal decrease in white blood cells; Anemia; Antibody formation, Aplastic anemia; Asphyxia; Blood diseases; Blurred vision; Bone marrow depression; Bronchitis; Cancer (leukemia); Cardiac collapse; Central nervous system depression; Cerebral swelling; Congestive gastritis; Convulsions; Death; Decreased antibodies; leukocytes, erythrocytes, and platelets; Decreased coordination; Delirium; Dermatitis; Dizziness; Drowsiness; Effects brain catecholamines; Euphoria; Fatigue; Gastritis; Giddiness; Granular tracheitis; Headaches; Impaired judgement; Kidney congestion; Laryngitis; Lassitude; Leukocyte chromosomal aberrations; Lightheadedness; Loss of appetite; Loss of balance; Menstrual pain and disorders; Nausea; Nervousness; Non-lymphocytic leukemia; Ovarian atrophy; Pallor; Paralysis; Premature births; Pulmonary hemorrhage; Pylorus strictures; Respiratory arrest; Ringing or tingling in the ear; Skin swelling; Spleen infarction; Spontaneous abortions; Staggering gait; Tight chest; Tremors; Unconsciousness; Underdevelopment of organs or body; Vertigo; Vomiting; Weakness.
…and that’s just a few. There are over 40+ known chemicals and the lengthy list of symptoms of what these do to our bodies after long-term exposure is enough to make me want to rip these implants out of my own body. Luckily they are going to be gone forever so soon!
I hope the list of symptoms may open your eyes as to why there are endless side effects to getting breast implants and so many reasons to either remove them or never get them in the first place!
My next post…I’ll be on the other side of explant surgery and I will try to update as soon as I can. Wish me luck!